2 lbs. Italian eggplant
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of one lemon
¼ cup tahini
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Cumin
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Smoked Paprika
2 tsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Halve the eggplants lengthwise and brush the cut sides lightly with olive oil. Place eggplants onto the prepared pan, cut side down. Cut 2-3 small slits in the skin of each eggplant half.
3. Roast the eggplant until the interior is very tender, about 30-45 minutes. Remove pan from oven, flip eggplants over so that they are skin side down and allow to cool.
4. Place a mesh sieve over a bowl. Scoop the flesh of the eggplants into the sieve allowing liquid to drain; reserve liquid and discard eggplant skins.
5. In the bowl of a food processor combine eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Pulse until smooth.
6. If eggplant mixture looks too dry, slowly add the reserved eggplant drippings and continue to pulse until desired consistency is reached. Transfer the baba ganoush to a serving bowl; sprinkle parsley and more smoked paprika on top.
7. Serve with pita chips, sliced cucumbers, carrots and bell peppers.