Banana Nut Muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter East/West Indies Ground Nutmeg
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Highland Harvested Saigon Cinnamon
3 large ripe bananas
1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
¼ cup milk
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork or potato masher. Mix in melted butter, granulated and brown sugars, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined, do not over-mix.
5. Fold in half of the walnuts; spoon batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top of muffins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.