¾ cup butter, divided
1 small onion, chopped
1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Garam Masala
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Turkish Cumin
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground India Turmeric
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Chinese Ginger
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Red Pepper (cayenne)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Melt ¼ cup butter in a large skillet. Add onion and sauté over medium-high heat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and cook until done.
3. Add the garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the garam masala, cumin, turmeric, ginger and cayenne; stir until well combined.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining ½ cup butter and cook until it is melted.
5. Add the heavy cream and tomato sauce, stir; simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Taste the sauce and adjust cayenne, salt and pepper if desired.
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve over your favorite cooked rice or grain.
Add 1 cup frozen (defrosted) peas, and one cooked and diced potato.