1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ cup raw almonds
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Chinese Ginger
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Garam Masala
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Crushed Red Chile Pepper
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Guatemalan Cardamom
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter India Turmeric
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup butter
1 small onion, diced
½ cup coconut milk
1. Cut the chicken into 1½-inch pieces and place them in a large bowl.
2. In the bowl of a food processor put the almonds, tomato paste, garlic, spices and salt. Pulse until finely chopped, then add the yogurt and pulse again until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
3. Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken and stir until chicken is completely coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken to the pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the chicken is done.
6. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine; continue to cook for 3 minutes.
7. Taste, adjust seasonings, add salt if desired.
8. Serve over rice, your favorite cooked grain, or with naan bread.