Creamy Mushroom Soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ lbs. assorted mushrooms, such as crimini, button and shitake, cleaned and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ cup white wine
1 jar The Spice Hunter Bouquets Garnis Blend
4 cups vegetable broth
⅓ cup heavy cream
Sour cream, for garnish
Fresh dill, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and stir, cook for additional 30 seconds.
3. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms reduce by half and start to release their juices, about 7 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, stir to coat. Add the white wine and the bouquets garnis; stir and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the bouquets garnis from the soup and discard.
7. Blend soup with an immersion blender until desired consistency. If soup is too thin: Mix 2 tablespoons flour with 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir until completely smooth, then add to soup. Heat and stir until thickened; repeat if necessary.
8. Serve soup topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh dill, if desired.