Crispy Smashed Potatoes and Chickpeas with Greek Salad
1¼ pounds baby potatoes
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed (from one 15.5 oz. can)
1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Greek Seasoning Blend, plus more for serving
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup Persian cucumber, chopped
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. pitted olives, halved
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a medium pot, cover potatoes by about an inch and a half of water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until just cooked through, about 15 minutes, do not overcook. Drizzle a rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Drain the potatoes and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Let sit until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
3. On the prepared baking sheet, lightly crush each potato with the heel of your hand until the potatoes are about ½-inch thick. Scatter chickpeas around potatoes and drizzle everything with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the potatoes, flipping the potatoes halfway through, until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt with the Greek Seasoning Blend, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
6. In another small bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives with the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
7. Spread the yogurt sauce on the bottom of a serving platter. Top with the roasted potatoes and chickpeas. Add tomato salad and drizzle with any juices remaining in the bowl. Sprinkle with feta and more Greek Seasoning Blend. Serve.