Easy Vegan Lasagna
2 (14 oz.) packages extra firm tofu, drained and pressed for 30 minutes
10 oz. hummus
½ cup nutritional yeast
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Organic Italian Seasoning Blend
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Organic Garlic
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 red onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped or spiralized
8 oz. mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 (16 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
12 lasagna noodles
5-6 cups marinara sauce
1. Combine the tofu, hummus, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well with hands or a spatula. Taste, add salt and pepper as desired, set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes, add spinach and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Drain excess liquid if mixture is too watery.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook just until al dente. Drain the noodles, and rinse with cold water. Return the noodles to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
4. Place 1 cup marinara in the bottom of a 9×13” baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles in a single layer on top of the marinara, then spread half of the ricotta and half of the vegetable mixture on top of the noodles. Top with another 2 cups of the marinara. Repeat with 4 more noodles and the remainder of the ricotta and vegetables. Top with the last layer of noodles and 2 cups sauce.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Try different flavor profiles by switching up the hummus. Try hummus with olives, eggplant hummus, or caramelized onion hummus.
Use more marinara sauce if you prefer a “saucier” lasagna.