Everything Bagel Mediterranean Quiche
1 frozen 9-inch pie shell
3 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Everything Bagel Crunch, divided, plus more for garnishing
1½ Tbsp. butter
1 small onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and diced
1½ cups fresh spinach
¾ cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Mustard
⅛ tsp. The Spice Hunger Ground Nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 oz. goat cheese, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Remove the pie shell from the freezer and allow it to thaw for about 15 minutes. Prick the bottom and sides all over with a fork.
3. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of the Everything Bagel Crunch over the crust and use your hands to gently press it in.
4. Bake on the center rack until lightly golden, about 10 minutes and then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
5. Turn the oven down to 325°F.
6. In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
7. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the spinach and remove the pan from heat, allowing the spinach to wilt. Set aside.
9. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, eggs, 2 Tbsp. Everything Bagel Crunch, mustard, nutmeg, salt and black pepper.
10. Spread the vegetables over the pie crust and then top with half of the goat cheese. Pour in the egg mixture and then top with remaining cheese and sprinkle on more Everything Bagel Crunch.
11. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
12. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.