Everything Bagel Spaghetti Carbonara
4 large eggs
1½ cups finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese (2 oz.), plus more for serving
2 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Everything Bagel Crunch, plus more for serving
¾ tsp. kosher salt
12 oz. dry spaghetti
4 oz. sliced bacon, cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, place the eggs, cheese, The Spice Hunter Everything Bagel Crunch, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
2. Add the spaghetti to the water and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes or according to package instructions. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and cook until crisp and the fat is rendered, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Do not wash the pot.
3. When the pasta is ready, reserve 2 cups of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and add to the pot with the bacon grease. Add ½ cup of the pasta water and toss thoroughly to coat the pasta.
4. While whisking the egg mixture, slowly pour in ½ cup of the pasta water in to temper the eggs. While tossing the pasta constantly, slowly pour in the egg mixture. The sauce should be glossy and coat the spaghetti strands. If the sauce is too thick, add more pasta water a tablespoon at a time to thin to desired consistency – you may not use all the pasta water.
5. Transfer pasta to bowls, sprinkle with the reserved bacon, more cheese, and more The Spice Hunter Everything Bagel Crunch. Serve immediately.