Japanese 7 Spice Citrus and Avocado Salad
4 blood oranges (or regular oranges), peeled and sliced
2 large grapefruits, peeled and sliced
2 tangerines, peeled and sliced
2 large avocados, cubed or sliced
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup orange juice
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Japanese 7 Spice Global Blend, plus more to taste
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
6 cups chopped spinach, kale or other leafy greens
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the orange, grapefruit, tangerine, avocado and red onion. Toss until thoroughly mixed.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, orange juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Japanese 7 Spice, pepper and salt until combined.
3. Pour the dressing over the citrus mixture and toss again until well coated.
4. Divide the spinach evenly between 6 serving plates and then top each with some of the citrus mixture.
5. Serve immediately, sprinkling additional Japanese 7 Spice as desired.