Japanese Spicy Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
4 cups cooked white or brown rice
1 (14 oz.) package extra-firm tofu
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Japanese 7 Spice Global Blend
2 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
4 cups roughly chopped broccoli florets
8 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain the tofu and remove it from the package. Place it between 2 thick towels and place something heavy on top of it. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes or until dry.
2. Once dry, cut into 1-inch cubes and arrange on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Japanese 7 Spice, maple syrup and cornstarch. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil and broccoli. Cook for about 3-5 minutes stirring often until the broccoli has softened. Add the sauce and stir to coat the broccoli. Then add the tofu and green onions and stir again.
5. Allow to cook for a few minutes more until the vegetables are cooked to your desired doneness. Remove from heat.
6. Divide rice between 4 individual bowls and spoon the broccoli/tofu mixture over the top.