Korean BBQ Veggies with Coconut Rice
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari
1 (2.6 oz) jar The Spice Hunter Korean BBQ Global Fusion Rub
½ lb. snow peas, cut into 1” pieces
½ lb. button or cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
1¾ cups water
Pinch of salt
1. Combine soy sauce and Korean BBQ Rub in a zip-top bag or bowl with a tight fitting lid.
2. Add green beans and mushrooms to sauce and toss or stir to coat.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Rinse the rice thoroughly and set aside to drain.
5. Lightly grease the bottom of a medium pot. Add rinsed rice to pot, along with coconut milk, water and salt.
6. Set pot over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and rice is cooked through. Turn off heat and let rice sit for 10 minutes.
7. While rice is sitting, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add veggies and sauce to pan; cook stirring frequently to desired doneness.
8. Fluff rice and serve with sautéed vegetables.
Try with other veggies like green beans, snap peas, bell pepper, onions, etc.