1 (14 oz.) block firm tofu
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1 (14 oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth, divided
1 lb. ground pork
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
⅓ cup black bean sauce
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Szechwan Seasoning
2 tsp. chili paste
1 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 green onions, sliced
1. Drain tofu and cut into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Place ¼ cup of the chicken broth in a bowl, add cornstarch and stir until dissolved, set aside.
3. Place the pork in a large skillet over medium heat. Break the pork into pieces with a spatula, cook until done and no longer pink. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce, black bean sauce, Szechwan Seasoning, chili paste and sugar. Stir to combine and then stir in the remaining chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Taste, adjust seasonings and add salt and pepper if desired.
6. Give the cornstarch/chicken broth mixture a stir and add it to the pan. Stir until well mixed and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and add cubed tofu to pan. Stir gently to warm tofu and coat with sauce. Top with green onions and serve.