¼ cup sesame oil
1 lb. beef chuck or beef stew meat, cut into ¾-inch pieces
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 large onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
4 shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, diced
2 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Korean BBQ Global Fusion Rub, plus more to taste
2 cups long grain brown rice, rinsed and drained
3 cups beef broth
2 cups spinach
1½ cups bean sprouts
*Optional: fried egg and/or Sriracha, for topping
1. Set multi-cooker to sauté on high heat. Add oil and beef and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. (If your cooker does not have a high-heat sauté mode, use regular sauté mode and cook for an additional 3 minutes).
2. Add the butter and onion and stir for 3 minutes or until the onions are soft. (If using regular heat, cook for an additional 2 minutes).
3. Add the carrots, mushrooms, zucchini and the Korean BBQ Rub and sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft (an additional 3 minutes for regular heat).
4. Hit the “Cancel” button on the multi-cooker and then spread rice evenly over your meat and vegetables. Do not stir. Carefully pour broth over the rice and then use the back of a wooden spoon to poke 5-7 holes through the rice to the bottom of the pot.
5. Lock lid in place making sure the valve is in the closed position. Set to cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
6. When cook time is complete, allow the multi-cooker to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, and then carefully quick release the remaining pressure.
7. Open the lid, add the spinach and stir until slightly wilted. Divide into 4 individual bowls and top with bean sprouts.
8. Serve with an optional fried egg, Sriracha and/or additional Korean BBQ Rub.
For a kid-friendly variation, leave out the Sriracha.
For a spicy version, add the Sriracha and additional Korean BBQ Rub.