Multi-Cooker Osso Buco Style Lamb Shank
5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
2½ to 3 lbs. bone-in lamb shanks
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter California Granulated Garlic
1 tsp. tomato paste
½ cup dry red wine
½ cup chicken stock
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 The Spice Hunter Bouquet Garnis
1½ Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Arrowroot Powder
1. On your multi-cooker, turn the “Sauté” function on high and heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. While the oil is heating, pat the lamb dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the lamb in batches making sure to not crowd the pot. Brown each on all sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Turn the “Sauté” function down to medium or low. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and then stir in the onion, carrots and celery. Cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 8 minutes.
4. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add the wine to the pot and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in the stock and tomatoes and allow to come to a simmer.
6. Place the lamb shanks in the pot and then top with the bouquet garnis.
7. Press “Cancel” and then lock lid in place making sure the valve is in the closed position. Set to cook for 40 minutes at high pressure.
8. After cooking is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally, about 25 minutes.
9. Transfer the lamb to a plate and then press the “Sauté” function on your multi-cooker. Bring the sauce to a simmer, whisk in the arrowroot powder and allow to reduce for 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
10. Once the sauce has reached desired thickness, transfer the lamb shanks to a serving platter and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve over mashed potatoes or polenta.