Paleo Spiced Granola
1 cup chopped raw walnuts
1 cup chopped raw pecans
1 cup slivered raw almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
¼ cup The Spice Hunter Sesame Seeds
2 Tbsp. flaxseeds
½ cup olive oil
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Pure Vanilla Extract
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Chinese Ginger
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Cardamom
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Granulated Orange Peel
½ tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all nuts and seeds.
3. In a small separate bowl, mix the olive oil, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, ginger, cardamom, orange peel and salt. Stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir with a fork until all dry ingredients are well-coated. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread out evenly.
5. Bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes, or until toasty brown.
6. Remove from the oven and place the tray on a wire rack until the granola is cool. Break up with hands and store in a jar for up to one month.
7. Serve on its own as a snack, sprinkle on top of yogurt or top with your favorite non-dairy milk and eat as cereal.
Mix in dried cranberries and/or raisins at the end before serving.