Pressure Cooker Horchata
2 cups water
½ cup uncooked white rice
2 The Spice Hunter Indonesian Cinnamon Sticks
½ cup sugar
2 cups almond milk or other milk of choice
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Pure Almond Extract*
4 cups cold water
1. In the pressure cooker pot, mix together the 2 cups of water, rice and cinnamon sticks.
2. Lock the lid in place and set the steam vent to the sealed position. Set to cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
3. Once cooking time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, and then carefully quick-release the remaining pressure.
4. Discard the cinnamon sticks and then pour the rice mixture into a blender or food processor. Add the sugar, almond milk and almond extract, and blend mixture into a paste.
5. Pour 4 cups of cold water into a large container and then add the rice paste by pressing through a fine-mesh strainer. Discard the remaining solids left in the strainer.
6. Stir the water and milk mixture until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Substitute the almond extract with The Spice Hunter Pure Vanilla Extract for a vanilla-forward flavor.