Shrimp and Asparagus Lemony Pasta
6 oz. spaghetti (regular or gluten-free), cooked with 1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ bundle asparagus (about 15 average-size spears)
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter California Granulated Garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. chicken broth
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Granulated Lemon Peel
2 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lemon, for squeezing over top
1. Cook spaghetti with olive oil according to the package’s instructions.
2. Meanwhile, trim asparagus to remove fibrous ends. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
3. In a large deep pan add 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook asparagus for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan.
4. In the same pan, add in remaining olive oil and add shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir for about 1 minute.
5. Arrange shrimp in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
6. Add chicken broth, lemon peel and parsley and stir for 1 minute.
7. Add the asparagus and pasta and toss to combine.
8. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.