Spaghetti Squash Jambalaya
2 spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs. each)
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend, divided
2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
4 medium stalks celery, diced
½ medium yellow onion, diced
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
8 oz. Andouille sausage, casing removed and crumbled if fresh, or cut into ¼-inch thick rounds if precooked or cured
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
Hot sauce, for serving
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the cut sides of the squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Place the squashes cut-side down on the baking sheet. Roast until the squashes are soft, can be pierced easily with a knife, and the skin is blistered, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the filling.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the bell pepper, celery, onion, remaining 1 teaspoon The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté until soft and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chicken, sausage, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the drained tomatoes and cook until any liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. When the squashes are ready, place the baking sheet on a wire rack. Flip the squash halves over with tongs, then use a fork to shred the inside of each squash half, leaving about ½ inch of unshredded squash left in the shell. Transfer the shredded squash to the skillet and toss with the rest of the filling to combine.
5. Divide the filling evenly between the spaghetti squash shells. Serve immediately with hot sauce, if desired.