Spicy Roasted Shrimp
1 lb. extra large frozen shrimp (26-30 per pound size), thawed if frozen, and peeled and deveined (see notes)
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend
½ tsp. kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon cayenne (see notes)
Cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or another dipping sauce for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Toss the shrimp with olive oil, Cajun seasoning, salt, and cayenne until well coated. Spread onto an ungreased baking sheet in an even layer.
3. Roast at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, until the shrimp are just cooked through.
4. Serve hot with dipping sauce of choice.
1. I used a pound of extra large shrimp, which come 26-30 a pound. You can substitute another size shrimp, but you’ll need to adjust your cooking time.
2. The shrimp need to be completely thawed as well as peeled and deveined for this recipe. Please plan accordingly.
3. You can quickly thaw frozen shrimp by rinsing them in a colander under cold running water for 2-3 minutes. Pay dry really well and they are ready to use.
4. You can substitute black pepper if you don’t want these to be very spicy. Or you can add up to ¼ teaspoon cayenne if you want a lot of heat.
Recipe via partner Family Food on the Table