Sweet Potato Frittata
2 cups peeled and grated sweet potatoes
⅓ cup olive oil
½ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
¼ tsp. black pepper, plus more to taste
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 medium shallot, very thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Italian Seasoning Blend, plus more for garnishing
½ cup diced mushrooms
1 cup baby arugula
1 oz. goat cheese, plus more for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place the grated sweet potatoes in between paper towels and press to get rid of excess moisture.
3. Once excess moisture has been removed, add potatoes to a medium mixing bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and then press evenly into a 9-inch round cake pan.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, cook the bacon and shallot in a sauté pan over medium heat until the bacon is crisp (about 5-7 minutes). Drain excess grease and then add the Italian seasoning and mushrooms. Return to heat and cook for another 3–4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the arugula.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with additional salt and pepper to taste. Crumble 1 ounce of the goat cheese into the egg mixture and stir. Add in the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
7. After the crust is done cooking, remove from the oven and turn heat down to 350°F.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the crust and bake for 30 minutes until eggs are set.
9. Add more goat cheese, arugula and Italian seasoning on top, as desired.
Feel free to add your own fillings to this recipe and make it your own.